Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Four Leaf



Despite an awesome getaway this weekend, I've had A WEEK. And its only Wednesday night, so I still have about 40% of a week to go.

I was approaching total meltdown territory and then something ridiculously amazing happened - I won an iPad through a work drawing! I never win ANYTHING. Like, have never won a raffle, in Vegas, at Bingo, in Superbowl Squares, etc.

Coworkers congratulated me (I have the best coworkers ever) and what could I say besides, "Thanks, I feel so lucky!" All of a sudden, my mood totally shifted.

I realized that I AM so lucky. And I'm not even trying to rub in my iPad windfall. In fact, that's the least of it. Even when I'm stressed and I feel like I just can't handle even one more little thing, I hope to always remember that I am so lucky, so blessed.  Next time you're frustrated, I challenge you to start listing to yourself everything you're thankful for. In my experience, its nearly impossible to stay upset.

Because I have the memory of a fruitbat, I made myself this handy little desktop background as a reminder to keep perspective and I thought I'd share with you :) I hope you're having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Toots. I feel lucky just by having you in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should point out that you were one of THREE lucky recipients of an autographed bottle of Mike Ditka wine that nobody ever got to drink. Seriously, where did that bottle end up??

    Still jealous :)
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its most likely in Anna's trunk :) -l

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background and in true bloggy stalker fashion, I just yanked it. Thank you for your inspiring, design skills.

    ReplyDelete