Saturday, September 15, 2012

Slutty Brownies





Happy Saturday!

The Londoner is basically a genius with the best hair ever. I love all of her posts and recipes, but I've had her Slutty Brownies bookmarked for a long time to make for my baby bro. He's away at college, studying hard at nuclear engineering (proud sister alert!) and I thought today would be the perfect day to whip up a batch. Nothing like a triple dose of sugar to fuel his late night cram sessions studying, um, whatever it is that nuclear engineers do.

His incredible metabolism annoyingly balances out his incredible sweet tooth quite nicely, and I'm grateful that I have somewhere to send these off to so that I don't eat them all by myself. I did taste test just one (swear) and oh my goodness.

These are ridiculously easy, hence the name. I followed her recipe to a T, springing for the Double-Stuf version AND Ghirardelli brownie mix - nothing but the best for you, bro!

13 comments:

  1. That is the PERFECT word for these badboys. (Badgirls?) Worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how easy it is to define the gender of a brownie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try these! Pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth it! So wrong it's right :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw!!!!! Chi Deux has a baby bro!

    You can send me treats anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If he blogged too we could call it troischicago... Not quiiiiiite the same ring to it :) I will totally send you treats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I love the dangerous comment. They do look dangerous... dangerously delicious. I need to try these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha so easy and definitely dangerous !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard great things about these brownies and am thinking about trying them myself. I'd have to bring them to work to share with coworkers, otherwise I might eat the entire pan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely make and definitely have a distribution plan in place if you're anything like me and have ZERO self control! :) Thanks for the note.

    ReplyDelete
  11. [...] fear that I have set the bar pretty high for myself with the Slutty Brownies, so just any old cookie wouldn’t [...]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chocolate chip cookie, oreo, chocolate brownie- three flavors…threesome! That is why they are called "slutty".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! I've heard its because they're "so easy" to make - but honestly... whatever works! And these definitely work :)

    ReplyDelete