Friday, November 30, 2012

Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-2



Do you see that cross-section of peanut butter goodness? I am drooling as I type this.


Our supremely sweet-toothed "baby" brother's birthday was last weekend, and we decided there was no better way to send him back to school than armed with a disgusting amount of sweet treats.

College-aged metabolisms can handle the madness :)

peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-batter



peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies-dough


I fear that I have set the bar pretty high for myself with the Slutty Brownies, so just any old cookie wouldn't do.


So I took the world's best chocolate chip cookie recipe, the Nestle Tollhouse classic, but only used half of the chocolate chips it called for. Then I squished a little Reeses baking square down into each spoonful and covered it with a smidge more dough.

The cookies were much bigger than usual to accommodate the Reeses so they took longer to bake, but it was worth the wait.

peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies

Without question, one of the best things I've ever made!

ll

11 comments: